McWilliams Family Blog

Location for the latest goings-on with the family.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ireland...Wish you were here
























I am having a great time in Ireland, so far... I am adjusting well to the difference in time.
We are staying at the Radisson SAS St. Helen's Hotel in Dublin. Yesterday we went to the Temple Bar area in Dublin which has many restaurants and shops and entertainers. Today we went to two churches, Paulette's Catholic Church and my LDS Church. We met a very nice guy from Utah at church who offered us a ride around the Irish country side. We first stopped at Johnnie Fox's Pub. It was a very old Irish Pub surrounded by Irish country side..sheep and all. I did something I never thought I would...I ate frog legs! They were quite good, but not very meaty as you would likely expect them not to be. I also had the Mahi Mahi which was quite good as well. We then went to Bray which is a coastal town with a beautiful shoreline and shops, arcades, and restaurants. From Bray, we just drove around the country side to see what we could see and headed back to Dublin. Tonight we went to dinner at another Irish pub named "The Olde Punch Bowl," which has been around since 1779, 200 years longer than I've been around, with a view of the sea and within walking distance from the hotel.





Here are some pictures...I have many more than I could possibly post here, but enjoy and I will keep posting throughout the week.















2 Comments:

Blogger Roger said...

Wow looks like fun. Where is the pic with you in it? Frog legs heard they taste like chicken.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! No more frog legs...Poor Kermit!!!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home